Friday, April 17, 2009

29...New or Old?

On Tuesday night, Ava and I painted our toes, getting them ready for sandal weather (Yay! Finally!) Ava chose a beautiful buttery-yellow, fabulous on her stubby little toes. I chose my color (a mauve-like shade) and commented that mine was an old-lady color. "Are you an old lady, Mom?" she asked. "Do you think I'm an old lady?" I questioned. Her response: "No, I think you are still new." :)

The next morning as we were getting ready for the day, she talked about the sparkles on her hair clip. I said that my shirt was kind of sparkly too (the pattern had a little shimmer). "Yeah, you can wear that because you're still new."

A little background...We were recently in a shoe store and Ava thought I should try on some tennis shoes that had sequins and glitter on them. Not really my style and I'm a little past the glitter stage of my life, I said, "I think I'm a little too old for something that sparkly." Apparently she stored that little bit of info away in her memory file! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment