Sunday, May 1, 2011

warhol inspired photo art

I've had this on my want-to-do list since I saw it in september's issue of family fun magazine. Here's how I did it:

Photo-copy a photograph with high-contrast portrait onto a variety of neon colored papers. I had 5x7 frames I was planning to use, so 4 wallet-sized pictures worked for Zoe's. For Ava's I had to play around with shrinking the size of a larger print until I got her head the size I wanted it because I didn't have any wallet prints that worked.


Next, I cut out the silhouette making sure that it was no bigger than 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 inches (so 4 would fit on a 5x7)


I also cut out 4 plain rectangles, 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 inches and found a layout that allowed each photo to be on a different background and not directly touching the same color in the adjacent pic.


When I found layouts I liked, I glued the plain rectangles onto a 5x7 sheet of cardstock.


Then I glued the photo cut-outs onto the rectangles.


Finally, I set the stack of paper on top while the glue set so all the edges adhered and it dried flat without curling up.


Voila!

Zoe at 1 year


Ava at 1 year

1 comment: